Monday, September 9, 2013

Village Fest and other goodies

Hey everyone, this post is here a bit later than I intended, but here nonetheless.  I have a few updates for you guys, so let's get to it.

This past weekend was the Village Fest out in Grosse Pointe Woods.  Artists, food vendors, musicians, and everything else you could shake a stick at attended.  The artist group I am part of, Motor City Sketch, set up a booth there again this year, this time dong sketches to raise money for the American Red  Cross.  Other artists on hand besides myself were Ted Woods, Bruce Gerlach, Anne Garavaglia, Lee Gothro, and Franklyn Beasely.  The group of us ended up being completely slammed most of Saturday, to the point where we were drawing literally until the sun was down and couldn't see any more.  Sunday, albeit with shorter hours, was no different.  All in all, it was a blast and we all had such a good time.  Here are a few pictures from the event:

 My little friend here was pretty much the highlight of my day on Saturday.  He and his mother came up to me a little bit after the show started asking about getting a sketch done of him, but she didn't have cash.  Ultimately she said they would be back later (which much of the time, isn't the case and you never see them again), but she stayed true to her word and came back almost at closing time.  Her son, pictured above, wanted to be drawn up like Batman (he picked the right guy to ask to do it); I asked if I could get a picture of him for reference while they walked around a bit more.  At first he smiled, leading to me saying Batman doesn't smile, then he gave me a half grin/ half frown which sufficed; it was obvious he was very shy.  I drew up his picture and the two of them came back, he being as shy as ever, but when I gave him his picture I swear to God the way his face lit up you could have lit an entire room.  His mother was so happy with it and the kid was estatic; made my day.
 Almost set up.  Myself and Bruce Gerlach pictured.
 Getting into the swing of things.  Bruce, myself, and Ted Woods.
 The whole gang.  L-R: Bruce, Anne Garavaglia, Kelly Nemzek, myself, and Ted.
 Our friend James Green showed up for a little bit.  Really funny guy.

 Bruce is showing how he really feels about drawing people.
Ted's got a fan base in the Village!

All in all, it was fantastic time and couldn't have been happier with how everything went.  We were all glad to do it.  Also special thanks goes to Kelly's husband, Steve, for providing us with some Starbucks.  

In other news, I have officially signed on to be at the Detroit Fanfare Comic Convention at the Abode hotel in Dearborn, MI. October 25-27.  I'm not up on the official website just yet, but the contract has been signed and the paperwork is all done and in.  Once the show is closer I'll have all the details.

Last but not least, I recently finished yet another set from Cult Stuff, this time for the 'Beyond Bram Stoker's Dracula' set.  There's so much to go off of in terms of vampires and that whole culture that Cult Stuff decided to do a sub set for that.  I did 31 altogether These were a lot of fun to do, enjoy.






Thanks for reading.  Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment