Sunday, October 6, 2013

Grand Rapids Comic Con and other happenings

Just a little update as to what I've been up to and what's coming up...

Next Saturday, October 12th, I'll be at the Grand Rapids Comic Con in Wyoming, MI.  This is a very last-minute addition for me, as in I signed up for it last weekend.  I love the city and the table cost was very reasonable, so why not?  I don't really know any of the other artists that will be there save for Jim Towe and Jay Brant, but if you're in the area, stop on in an say 'hi'.  More info can be found at http://grcomiccon.com.  

We're only 3 weeks out from Detroit Fanfare in Dearborn, MI and it will officially be the end of the comic con season.  This is an incredibly fun show to do; there's something for everyone.  In fact, there is just too much to list here, so check out all the goods at http://detroitfanfare.com.  I'll have a more comprehensive post before the show with details and such as things are being finalized everyday in their camp.

I have four cool projects that I've been a part of, and once I get the word, I'll share it here. 

Finally, in sort of a countdown kind of way I have been posting a sketch-a-day on my Instagram (@jasondraws) and my Facebook page (facebook.com/jasonwestlakeart).  I won't post everything I've shared so far on here, but here is just one sketch I've posted:

Boris Karloff as the classic Universal Monster, The Mummy

I'll have one giant-sized post in the coming weeks about the outcome of the Grand Rapids Comic Con, what to expect at Detroit Fanfare, my sketch-a-day countdown, and of course the four projects I've been a part of.  

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment