Thursday, March 29, 2012

Catching up

WOW. It has been a hot minute since I've last updated this. I've been incredibly busy with work, but I've also been doing the art thing. Couple things to bring up:

First things first: People are still asking me about the book I did the coloring work on, as well as Ted Wood's lettering work, "My Father's Keeper". Things are moving along with that and I hope to have a few on hand at the upcoming Motor City Comic Con in May, which I will touch base on in a bit. Not only that, but I got the opportunity to do the cover for the book:



In other news, I'm tapped for a few more sets for Unstoppable Cards. I'm not sure if I'm at liberty to say which sets I'm on, but as soon as I can say, I'll let everyone know.

If you have me as a friend on Facebook, you'll notice I'll post stuff from my work at TGM Skateboards from time to time. For those who don't know what I do, I design graphics for skateboards, promotional material, website design (actually just the designing, not throwing it together for the web), etc. For those who haven't seen any of my board designs here are the first batch I did for the in-house Paradise Longboards line:


PARADISE CRUISERS


TOMMY 1


GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS


FROM BELOW


TIKI


VOLUME 1


ZOMBIE PANDA


TOTEM


NAUTICAL MAP

A new batch of Paradise Longboards is slated to come out around June, and I'm very excited and happy with the work we came up with. I'll keep everyone posted on that as well.

Getting back into the sketch card scheme of things:

Phoenix and Rogue from the X-Men universe.


Red Skull and Bane, from Captain America and The Dark Knight Rises, respectively.

Ok, finally I will be in the Arist Alley at the 2012 Motor City Comic Con, which takes place May 18-20. I'll be posting more news about that in the weeks to come.

Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to get a copy of My Father's Keeper from you. Good job on the cover! Nice work on the boards, as well, I love that octopus tentacle one!

    ReplyDelete