Sunday, June 8, 2014

Motor City Comic Con and catching up

Hey everyone.  Ok, so it's been over a MONTH since I last posted anything.  I keep saying I've been ridiculously busy to update, and that has never been more the case this time.  Let's begin, shall we?

Back in May, the 25th annual Motor City Comic Con took place at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, MI.  This has always been one of my best shows of the year, and this year was no different.  It's always a good time since all of my Metro Detroit friends are all under one roof.  Big thanks to, in no particular order:  Bruce Gerlach, Dirk Manning, Chris Sanchez, John Marroquin, Kelly and Steve Nemzek, Kasey Pierce, the clowns from Drunk on Comics, Joe Foo, Jim Fernandez, Trico Lutkins, Jay Fosgitt, Killustration Studios, the Minor brothers, Josh and Bre Werner, The Comic Book Syndicate, and too many more, but you know who you are.  Here are a few photos I managed to take over the weekend:

 L-R: Josh Werner, myself, Jim Fernandez, and Trico Lutkins.

 Saturday crowd.

 My set up.

My new t-shirt.  Inside joke.  Let's just say I was having the worst week ever at the end of April and a very good friend of mine, Kasey Pierce (http://kosmickasey.com) made this to cheer me up.  Needless to say, it did.  I also received many strange looks from many females in attendance. 

The whole gang at dinner Saturday night.

Thanks to The Comic Book Syndicate for this pic.

Memorial Weekend was the Cherry Capital Comic Con in Traverse City...and I didn't attend.  My grandfather passed away earlier that week so I had to cancel my appearance due to the funeral being held over the weekend.  But, I got by with a little help from my friends:






















I saw these literally as soon as I got home from my grandfather's funeral and to say it made my day would be an understatement.  I know there are a couple people claiming they came up with the idea to do this, but to me it doesn't matter: I can't thank everyone enough for this gesture, it meant, and still means the world to me.

Ok, this has been a rather picture-heavy post, but I do have a few things coming up that I will be showing that I'm pretty excited about, and no, it won't be another month until my next post.  

Until then...

3 comments:

  1. You're welcome for that picture, it was the least I could do for one of the coolest people I've ever met. Conventions bring us together and the only thing that divides us is a border... and The Labyrinth. Get on that already! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof that you are well-loved bro. Too cool! :)

    ReplyDelete