Sunday, March 9, 2014

Great Lakes Comic Con recap and upcoming dates

Hey folks, the second annual Great Lakes Comic Con was last weekend and over all it was a great time.  Friday night was the preview night from 7-9, but with not much traffic, I got to catch up with fellow Michigan artists Bruce Gerlach, Josh Werner, Jim Towe, Joe Foo, and John Marroquin.  

On Saturday the attendance was pretty consistant and it seemed like everyone did well.  For being a small, up and coming show, everything went very smoothly, everything was pretty well organized, and everyone's spirits were up.  Overall, I'd give the show a 8.5/10, as there is always room for improvement, but that applies for every con and people's personal preferences.  I'd definitely do it again given the chance.

My set up.

Here are the dates and locations for the next shows I have lined up, and I'm sure there will be smaller shows in between along the way, such as Free Comic Book Day.  I'll provide details for these as their dates get closer.

C2E2:
Chicago, Illinois.  April 25-27 in the South Building at the McCormick Place.

Motor City Comic Con:
Novi, Michigan.  May 16th-18th at the Suburban Collection Showplace.

Cherry Capital Comic Con:
Traverse City, Michigan.  May 23rd-25th at the Grand Traverse Resort.


Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment