Friday, January 3, 2014

ULTRA MAN


OK folks, first of all I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas and an equally fantastic New Year holiday.  This year, without a doubt, has been my most successful year to date having met so many new people, making so many new friends, and accomplishing more than I could have imagined.  With more shows under my belt this past year, I have more confidence going into 2014, and I hope you've enjoyed the ride as much as I have and continue to ride it with me!

Having said that, the picture above was a commission I did for a friend as a Christmas present for his son (or just him, it's open for interpretation).  He came to me asking to do an Ultra Man piece in the style of my Avengers and Walking Dead prints.  In case you're not in the know, Ultra Man is a precursor to the Might Morphin' Power Rangers of sorts; a superhero grows to towering heights to fight monters and destroys cardboard cities in the process.  There, now you know as much as I do about it.  Regardless of lack of knowledge on the topic, it turned out better than I had hoped for...and my friend loved it.  In fact, he couldn't stop talking about it.  This is what makes doing what I do worth it.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, there is a new format more or less for my blog.  I have added a few category tabs under my banner so you can easily navigate through my work in graphic design, convention work, sketches, and a little bit of freelance work to boot.  If you even feel so inclined to purchase something, I have a store as well.  Check it out!

Again, thanks for going on the ride with me in 2013, let's see what 2014 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment