Tuesday, July 16, 2013

This and that.

Once again it's been a minute since I've updated here, but bouncing from project to project really puts and damper on it.  At any rate, I'm back with a few of those said projects.

Back in April at C2E2 in Chicago I met a gentleman who loved my Avengers prints (he loved them so much he bought the set, then two more for his friends after the show!).  He asked if I had a Tron print, which I did not, but it was on my list of pieces I wanted to do sooner or later.  Well, sooner it was.  He contacted me and wanted to commission me to get one (or two) off the ground.  The one shown above is the first one, as I started a second, featuring the antagonist of Tron Legacy, CLU, but I wasn't too keen on it, so I'm reworking it. Once CLU is finished, both of them will be available to purchase.







I recently wrapped up a set of cards for the upcoming "Civil War Chronicles" from Cult Stuff.  Major wars such as this (and World War 2 in particular) have always fascinated me.  The thing that fascinates me the most, however, are the soldiers themselves, particularly the pictures of them not on the battlefield.  I chose to go the route of portraits of soldiers mainly because I always wondered what their story was; for the most part, I couldn't find their names (save for John Wilkes Booth) making them more or less "lost" in history.  I don't know if they had wives, children, I didn't know what they did for a living, what their personality was like, etc.  I did 30 cards for the set and I really enjoyed this trip down history lane.

'Til next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment