Monday, April 29, 2013

C2E2 THOUGHTS

This past weekend at the MrCormick Place in Chicago, Ill was the 3rd annual C2E2 convention, and was hands down my best show to date.  There was definitely a sense of excitement the moment you pulled up to the building and the rest of the days held the same feeling.  Here are the few shots I was able to capture at the event.






 Myself and Ted Woods all set up.


 Good morning Chicago.

 Being a tourist at 6am.

 Just a corgi on our way to the show.

 The line Saturday morning.
 Best.  Costume. Ever.  David.  The.  Gnome.
 So much inspiration.



 I wish this was the view from our hotel, but it wasn't.  There's always next year.

 Just relaxing after the show on Saturday night in a suite at the Hyatt.  No big deal.
 He passed.

Breaking down Sunday.

The event overall was organized very well and the staff was incredibly friendly, but it's the people that make the shows and Chicago had some of the best people I've ever met.  I even had quite a few people come up to me and say they've seen my work else where and was happy to meet face to face; that alone makes these shows worthwhile.  I would also like to thank Jay Jacot, Bill Pulkovski, Jay Fosgitt, Tony Miello, and Ted Woods for being an amazing crew to hang out with that made the weekend that much better.

To those who I met at the show, if you read this, by all means look up my artist page on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/jasonwestlakeart and hopefully I'll talk to you soon!  It was great meeting each and every one of you and all I can say is thank you.

My next scheduled appearance is May 17-19 for the Motor City Comic Con in Novi, MI at the Suburban Collection Showplace.  I'll try to get another post up or two between now and then, but if I'm not able to, I'll hopefully see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment