Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Recap

I haven't posted anything since November from the looks of it, obviously due to the hectic holiday season, but that's OK.  Instead of posting new work right now, I decided to do some reflection on the past year and where things are going from here.

This past year I've had the opportunity to work on properties such as Transformers, Night of the Living Dead, Dracula, and many others.  I was able to take part in the 'Voices from the Deadworld' short-story book which is a wide publication.  I've had the most successful conventions I appeared at to date at Motor City Comic Con and Detroit Fanfare.  I've had great success getting my work out to the masses via Etsy and Facebook.  I've made many new friends and colleages at conventions that continue to inspire and provide guidance.  Without a shadow of a doubt, 2012 as been the most successful year I've had as an illustrator.

What does 2013 hold for me?  So far, quite a bit.  In April I will be at the C2E2 convention in Chicago, Illinois, which will also be my first show out of state.  A few weeks after that will be the Motor City Comic Con in Novi, MI. and with Stan Lee already advertised for the show, it will no doubt be a huge turnout which is awesome for all parties involved.  After Detroit Fanfare this past October, my good friend Ted Woods and I made a pact to do as many shows as possible, even if they're in comic shops (which we've done, and did great at).  Speaking of Mr. Woods, him, myself and my friend Pat Werner are in the early stages of a project that we're really excited about.  I'm not going to give any details yet, like I said, it's in the early stages, but we're determined to follow through with it as it should be something really special. That's what 2013 holds for me: keep on pushing as much as I can.

So to those who have been reading this (even if it's 3 of you), thank you so much for keeping up with me and your support, it means the world to me.  Let's see what 2013 brings, shall we?


If you feel so inclined, pass along these links to those you know who are into all things geek.  Thanks!
http://www.facebook.com/jasonwestlakeart

http://www.etsy.com/jasonwestlakeart


No comments:

Post a Comment