Monday, September 12, 2011

Detroit Fanfare 2011 Deets



Well, next weekend (Sept 24th & 25th) is the Detroit Fanfare, and I am incredibly stoked. It promises to big much bigger than last years, first of which is because it is at Cobo Hall in Detroit. And from the looks of it, there will be at least 3 times as many artists on hand. So if anyone is interested in scoring some amazing artwork, see some crazy costumes, and get some awesome deals on books and other memorabilia (Spider-man) this is the place to be.

Not only that, but someone who I would personally like to meet is going to be there: Bruce Campbell. Those who are unfamiliar with him, he is the star of the Evil Dead movie,s which kick my balls into the ground every time I watch them.

Hail to the king indeed.

In other business, this year I will have more stuff on hand than I have before. I've worked my ass off, but I'm incredibly proud of what I will have and I hope people will enjoy everything as much as I've enjoyed creating it. Having said that I want to unveil two prints that I will have on hand for the show....


The first is Heath Ledger as the Joker. This first started off as a sketch card (which I will also have on hand), but I liked it so much that I decided to turn it into a full-color, full-sized print. As of right now, it is either going to be 8.5x11 or 11x17, but that will be finalized in the next few days.


This 11x17 print will be on hand as well. This piece will be featured in the artists collection book that will be on hand for all attendees at the show. After a little tinkering in Photoshop to make it looked aged and a few scratches here and there, I'm really happy with how this turned out.

Finally (I think this is the most I've ever written on this), Saturday night, Sept 24th at 10 PM at Andiamos Restaurant in the Ren Cen, Motor City Sketch will be hosting "Shots 4 Sketches". This unique event will allow people to get a personalized piece of art from their favorite artists....all for the commission price of the alcoholic beverage of the artists choice. This means, you buy us booze, we draw you stuff. I recommend getting something early, as the quality of work will most likely go down as the night goes on, ha!

I cannot express how excited I am for this show. Be sure to check out all the artists that are listed on the flyer at the top of this entry, along with my good friend and Kendall Alumni, Andrew Shirey, and also Josh Werner of As Fall Leaves Illustration who will no doubt have some amazing stuff on hand.

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff, especially Kong! Glad we had a chance to check it out at Fanfare. Looking forward to seeing more in the future.
    -Fanboy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really liked how it turned out and I'm glad you enjoy it! Keep in touch! -Jason

    ReplyDelete