Saturday, July 21, 2012

MEGA POST

Sorry it's been a while since I've last updated this. I've been swamped with freelance and the dark cloud known as deadlines. But alas, I figured I have quite to show so why not do a mega post of everything I've been working on. So, without much more rambling, let's get to it, shall we?
I recently wrapped up on two sets for Unstoppable Cards, the first, The Avengers 50th Anniversary (above), and Night of the Living Dead (below). I signed up for 30 cards and decided to do them all in black and white and I was very happy with how they turned out....until I was asked to add color. You see, the card stock wasn't necessarily in my favor this time around as it's very glossy, read: very smooth. In the past, I would ink everything and wait a day or so to add color, yet the blacks would still run and everyone would end up looking like they have 5 o'clock shadow. I didn't get around to scanning the new ones in due to time constraints, and I'd like to remember the cards looking how I originally intended. Not to say that I learned my lesson from the past by adding color, I did it in limited quantity this time around, I just like how these turned out. Moving on...
The second set I did for Unstoppable Cards was 'Night of the Living Dead' and I for one can't resist drawing the undead. These were really fun to do, especially the title puzzle I did, pictured first. Sorry about the quality of the picture, by the way; my scanner wasn't really agreeing with me at first so for the sake of time, I just put them all together at once, but you get the picture. Anyway, for this set I focused soley on the zombies, because that's why we watch these movies, right? These were very fun to do. And like the problems I had with 'The Avengers', glossy card stock reared it's ugly head, but I decided to do all of these in black and white, with a little grey....and of course, red, so that helped overall. Next up are two small sets I did for Unpleasant Dreams, Britannia (10), and Dead Sexy (5).
Both featuring my Achille's heel for drawing: women. Drawing women has always been my curse because they always end up looking like dudes with boobs. Considering that, I think they turned out pretty well. And lastly, for the moment, I finally got a chance to work with Breygent Marketing on two sets I'm very excited about: Transformers and Deadworld. Robots and zombies. Awesome. Below are the 24 cards I did for Transformers:
I opted to draw the 'formers from the Michael Bay movies. They were incredibly challenging because of how complex the designs are, but I'd be lying if I said they weren't the funnest cards I've ever worked on and I'm VERY happy with how they turned out. I have a few AP's (artist proofs) from this set, and once I get them done I'll post them. I don't have the Deadworld set done yet, but that deadline is rapidly approaching and I'll post them here, of course. Well, that's it for now. I have some more stuff, including some new longboards I designed, but I need to get the images from work, so that'll have to wait until next week. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment